Preparation time : 10 Mins
Cook time : 20 Mins
- Packet crushed thin brown vermicelli/seviyan (100gm)
- Seeds from 2cardamom pods , crushed
- 5-6 almonds , chopped
- chopped 5-6 walnuts , chopped
- Condensed milk 4-5 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- Crush the Vermicelli, be cautious of not crushing them too small
- Heat Ghee in a pan and toast the crushed vermicelli for 4-5 minutes, until it turns deeper in color and gets fragrant.
- Then add the cardamom, nuts and the condensed milk (two tablespoons).
- Stir for a few seconds and Continue adding condensed milk in small quantities as required.
- Keep adding condensed milk until you see that the mixture is coming together and will hold shape.
- Stop adding the condensed milk if you feel the mixture can be easily handled. If you end up adding too much condensed milk, just sprinkle in some extra nuts or coconut to absorb the excess. If too dry, add more condensed milk.
- For squares, lightly butter a square pan and press the mixture with a flat spoon, patting it down flat. Sprinkle some extra almonds and pistachios to garnish and press them so they stick. Let this set either at room temperature or in the fridge for half an hour. Cut the squares and serve.